Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Two weeks since referral .......

......... and I am losing it already.

I was almost fine until about Monday. Now I just want my baby home.

My friend got updated pictures of her son, and I broke down in tears (at work) because he had changed so much.

I know that to other people the photos that are plastered all over my cube, my phone, and my facebook page are just pictures of a random baby I haven't even met, but to me this is my son - who is growing and developing without me. This is already the hardest thing I have ever done, and we're just at the very beginning. It's all I think about all day. My co-workers are heavensent and indulge me by stopping by and ooh-ing and ah-ing about his pictures and giving advice on what I need to add to the registry. I honestly don't know what I would do without their attempts to distract me.

I am really hoping that his legals arrive soon and that darned snowstorm they're predicting doesn't get in the way of things.

6 comments:

  1. Oh I can't imagine how hard it will be when I have Leah's picture. I am so excited about that time, yet so nervous about my having to wait to "meet" her. Hang in there. I hope the time flies by and you get to meet him very very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people do really well with the wait. Hopefully you'll be one of them. Clearly I am not LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are waiting for our son also. It is the hardest thing we have ever done. Adoption is not for the easy of heart. Just when you think your moving along you get a set back. We recently found out that they pushed us back to waiting another month. It was tough. I made a list of all the positive things of waiting and I've found that helpful. Anytime I feel sad I go back to that post. I've been trying to keep myself busy also so that I don't have to take an Ativan :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know it's hard waiting (especially now that you've received a referral), but hang in there. it will happen and you'll love and cherish your little one all the more when he's in your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there! He will be home in your arms soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found the waiting really hard too. I was not a fun person to be around. Try to take deep breaths and remember it is not forever. Good Luck! Hopefully he will be home in record time!

    ReplyDelete