Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What to write, what to write...

While I am exhausted at the end of the day, I find myself not being able to think of anything exciting to talk about. Don't get me wrong, I love my little Ben and it's awesome to see him learn new things every day (currently he loves to pull himself up to a stand and laugh and say "up"), but it's still quite an adjustment for me. I remember when the first of my close friends back in Germany had her first baby and all of a sudden all she could talk about was poopy diapers and other baby things and I was bored out of my mind every time we talked. So while I am still not the kind of person who can only think about baby stuff, now when I talk to my friends and parents I actually do not have anything else to talk about. Of course I want to talk about my awesome son, but oh how I'd love to have something else to talk about too!

In an effort to do something semi-productive today I am going to brave the carseat drama and venture to a nursery to buy some more plants for our yard. I can't blame the little guy for hating the car seat, especially when I try to put him in. I am way too clumsy and I am waiting for either me or him to break a bone. I finally get why people with kids have minivans!

Okay, naptime is over, off we go....

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there, mama. It WILL get better! And take a break from the blog if you need to. :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just need to hang out with other moms and you will have a lot to talk about:-) I am with Elizabeth, it is okay to take a blog break, but I will miss your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true, I refuse to be one of those Moms that talks about their children and going to the bathroom. The first month home I had NOTHING to say to my hairdresser or friends at lunch! Find yourself something to look forward to, and it is okay if that is going back to work! This too shall pass-it has nothing to do with how much you love your son!!

    ReplyDelete