Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanks for Asking!

Today I had lunch with a co-worker and she asked all about our adoption.
It felt so so SO good to have someone asking sincere questions, without making any assumptions about anything - the process, me, my husband, the child, the birthparents, or the Korean adoption program.

It was so nice to be able to just talk about how it all works and how exciting this is for us, and to actually be heard.

I think that I am also learning an important lesson here. I always have been one to quickly assume things and come up with my own theory on things that happen to other people, whether I know anything about the situation or not. And yet there are few things that annoy me more than people making assumptions about the adoption instead of asking me about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment