Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving Thanks


Today seems to be THE day to officially acknowledge all the things we Americans are grateful for. While I did not grow up celebrating Thanksgiving (being German and all), I have come to like the tradition of saying out loud what we are grateful for in our lives at least once a year. Also, I love me some Thanksgiving food!

So here is my list:

Every day I am grateful for the life I have had so far, it's been amazing!
Despite all the differences I have had with my parents over the years (and still do) I am so thankful for all they have done for me. As children we take everything for granted, but I can now see the sacrifices they have made. I'm sure that soon I will value them even more as I find out how hard being a parent really is.

I'm grateful to have a husband who is on the adoption rollercoaster right alongside me, even though he doesn't seem to notice the ups and downs as much as I do.

I am thankful to have friends to share my life with, be they near or far.

In these difficult times I am so grateful to have a home to call our own (well, really the bank can call it its own), and to be able to live comfortably. While I would clearly love to win the lottery and give up my job to hang out a home all day, I am so thankful that both the husband and I are employed.

I am thankful to be the servant to two amazing little kitties who make our lives so much brighter and keep us on our toes.

And I am grateful to be on the journey to completing our family. What a ride it's been already!

No comments:

Post a Comment