Saturday, July 25, 2009

Trucking along

Ironically, since I know that it is currently impossible to get the approval from USCIS, I am feeling much better. I guess I just can't stand the unknown.

We're gathering paperwork for our home study update, and our social worker will visit our new home in 1.5 weeks, right after we move in.

In the meantime, we've been crazy busy. We finally realized that movers are not magically going to appear out of the blue, and that we actually have to pack up our stuff ourselves. Imagine that. So we're frantically trying to jam our belongings into boxes. Where did all that stuff come from? Why have we been lugging it with us every single move? I don't know, but it is coming with.

I've also been super stressed at work, which is such a blessing in disguise, because while I am running around like a chicken with its head cut off, I have absolutely no time to think about the adoption.

Hopefully this next week will fly by and we'll be in our new place next Friday. and ready for the social worker visit. I am also praying that our home study update will be completed on time to go to USCIS before their deadline. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment