Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Back to Waiting on USCIS

We're in our new house! We were so lucky, once the last box was in the house it started pouring. Now we're busy unpacking and learning our way around our new neighborhood. I can't go anywhere without my GPS.

It's a total culture shock going from being so close to the city to the suburbs, but I am sure we will get used to it soon.

Our social worker came to see us on Sunday and we made our way through the boxes to show her around the house. It was a quick visit, and we were done within an hour.

Today our agency notified us that they sent the updated home study and all supporting documents to USCIS. Yay! I really hope that the 9 - 12 week wait for approval does not start all over. And I hope that this time around we actually do get an approval!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Wow. Your blog is so anonymous. That's good, I guess, but I really like it, and I am dying to know more. First and foremost, what state do you live in? When we began our first (disastrous) adoption in Guatemala, we had a really rough time getting our I600A approved. It took forever, but Memphis USCIS is super slow. I'm in Columbus, MS and was just curious if you were in the region.
    We are in the middle of reviewing a file right now. We've been technically on a wait list (Guatemala 3 years, now Korea, since january) and it's so hard. We are in the Waiting child program and her file had a few concerns that we need to have explored so it will take about 2 weeks to get that info back.
    This is the worst wait I've had so far. Because I've fallen in love with her little picture and I've dreamed a zillion day dreams about her and it might end up that she isn't ours.
    My husband will be 44 in February and Korea will not let babies come home if anyone is 45, so we've got that added pressure.
    Anyway. I really like your blog. Sorry for the ramble. Take care.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete