Monday, January 4, 2010

Waiting just got a whole lot harder

The first nine months of our wait were a nightmare for me. First we had to wait on clearances, then on the social worker to write the home study, and then on USCIS to do their part. I thought about the wait constantly and would stalk my inbox and mailbox for any kind of news. The (almost) four months since our paperwork went to Korea were a breeze. Until today.
My friend and waiting buddy got her referral this morning! I am ecstatic for her and her family. Her little guy is one of the cutest kids I have ever seen. I hope their wait to bring him home is a quick one.

But this also means that there is a possibility that we could get THE CALL any day. In my head I know that this is very unlikely and that we will have to wait another couple of months, but my heart wants that day to be tomorrow. I know that from today on, every time I hear the phone ring my heart will skip a beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment