Thursday, December 31, 2009

Last Day of the Year!


Wow, how can this year be over already?

As always, it was pretty exciting. We moved - again. This time into a permanent home that we will be in for years to come. Kinda scary when you think the one consistent thing in our life has been that the next move is surely just right around the corner!

We got a new cat who is doing the best he can to prepare us for parenthood. I haven't slept in months and I really need to childproof catproof our cabinets and drawers.

One of my highlights of the year was visting my friends and family in Germany, which I don't get to do nearly as often as I'd like. Next time I go, I will have the Little One with me, and will be able to outfit him/her in a Lederhosen/Dirndl.

We did lots and lots of adoption stuff. There was the paperwork, fingerprints and more fingerprints, the home study meetings, conferences, waiting parents meetings.... I read a ton of adoption/attachment books (and have yet to read more). While I know that I have so much to learn about adoption, I have come such a long way compared to where I was a year ago.

It was a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment